The mission of the Nuclear Solutions Institute is to foster and support collaborative research and education among groups in the Dwight Look College of Engineering, the George Bush School of Government and Public Service, the College of Science, and the College of Veterinary Medicine.
In carrying out this mission, the Nuclear Solutions Institute will make Texas A&M University the leading university-based center in the country for nuclear studies, including basic nuclear science, energy applications and sustainability, environmental impact determination, nuclear threat reduction, biomedical applications and social impact measurements.
- Build a Landmark Research Area which establishes TAMU as the world leader in university-based nuclear science, applications, and policy;
- Stimulate and conduct cross-disciplinary research in basic nuclear science, nuclear applications, and nuclear policy;
- Support and expand graduate and undergraduate education in a variety of nuclear related cross-disciplinary fields;
- Facilitate partnerships with national laboratories, leading universities, government organizations, and international partners;
- Educate the public so it can make more informed choices.
The Nuclear Solutions Institute coordinates its mission across Texas A&M University as shown below.